The Negroni is a classic cocktail that consists of equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth with an orange garnish. The origins of this drink are disputed – some say it was created in Florence; others claim it first appeared in Milan, but most agree its birth occurred sometime during the 1920s.
Regardless of where and when the Negroni was born, one thing we know for sure: This is one tasty cocktail! Whether you’re familiar with the mixture or not, if you love cocktails as much as we do then I guarantee that once you try it, your life will never be the same again.
So what makes the Negroni such a great drink? Here are just some of its benefits:
- It will keep you looking fit and fashionable – The Negroni is a favorite among stylish men and women from all sorts of different backgrounds because, as well as tasting great, this drink also acts as a fantastic pick-me-up. From the moment it hits your stomach, you’ll be feeling refreshed, recharged, and ready to take on the world.
- It will make you feel happier – Like other classic cocktails such as martinis or manhattan drinks, the Negroni has that unique ability to put a smile on your face. As well as giving you a burst of energy, this drink contains an ingredient known as “bitters” which are used for flavoring in an alcoholic. Bitters contain glycerin which stimulates endorphins – the chemicals inside the brain that cause us to feel happy.
- It will keep you on top of your game – A Negroni is great for problem-solving and sharpening your focus. If you’re doing something intellectually demanding such as studying, writing a paper, or even playing video games, then the alcohol in this drink will help you stay concentrated longer by increasing your blood circulation which can help prevent mental blocks associated with writer’s block or “brain fog”.
- It will make you look wealthier – One word: Campari. This delicious red-colored drink not only looks fantastic but it also tastes incredible too. The rich flavors associated with this cocktail are what inspired many famous Italian fashion designers to start using it as part of their creative process. So if you want to stand out from the crowd, look great and feel even better – then why not try a refreshing Negroni today?
- It will make your skin more beautiful – The old saying that you are what you eat is especially true when it comes to your skin. Whether or not this is relevant to some of us may be up for debate, but whether we like it or not our skin does play an important role in first impressions! If you’re beginning to notice those fine lines starting to form around your eyes, why not fix them with a drink instead of surgery? The antioxidants found in gin can do wonders for your complexion.